Experts for residential and commercial flat roofing in Bonita Springs, Fort Myers, Naples, Miami, Cape Coral, & Nearby Areas
It’s not easy to decide what type of flat roofs are best for your building. Some flat roofing treatments are equally suitable for new flat roof construction or re-roofing applications, while others are not. Some flat roof materials offer advantages in large-scale commercial projects, but cause problems on smaller residential roofs. Energy performance, maintenance requirements, labor costs, installation and flat roofing materials costs are other factors when choosing a flat roof replacement.
Allstate Construction Roofing offers services such as flat roof installations, roof replacement, flat roofing repair and maintenance for commercial, industrial and residential customers. We have an experienced team of roofers who can help you select the right roof type for your home improvement project or commercial building, or evaluate your existing roof to suggest the proper flat roof replacement services or flat roof repairs.
Get Free Roof Inspection & Replacement
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for a free inspection. We serve customers in Bonita Springs, Fort Myers, Naples, Miami, Cape Coral, and surrounding Florida areas.
Hire a roofing contractor with roofing installation expertise
Even the best flat roofing materials available can fail if it’s not properly installed. That’s why it’s important to make sure you hire flat roofing contractor with the resources to complete a quality roofing installation. These resources include a courteous, well-trained crew; proper equipment and tools to do the job; and experience with the best material you wish to install.
The brief descriptions below will provide some guidance when selecting a flat roof.
Flat roof replacement solutions for commercial and residential applications
- Built up Roof (BUR) has a long history. This “old-school” low sloped roof treatment involves the application of flat roofing felt (tar paper) and asphalt-based roofing tar, often in multiple layers. A top layer of hot tar and gravel or a reflective coating is required to cut down on heat gain and improve durability. Maintenance and flat roofing repair work usually call for more felt and coating layers to be applied. Over time, this adds weight to the roof area and increases the mess and expense of its eventual removal. Though a built-up flat roofing system remains an economical option, it can’t compete with more modern flat roofs in terms of low maintenance, lightweight and durability.
- Modified bitumen roofs work well on residential & small-scale commercial flat roofs. Because it comes in 3-ft.-wide rolls, a modified bitumen roof is easy to handle and apply. Basically, you roll out the material so that seams overlap. Seams can be fused with a torch or sealed with a special adhesive. The roof surface gets a reflective coating for durability and reduced heat absorption.
- EPDM roofing system has a good track record. Despite its exotic chemical derivation, ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM for short) has the look and feel of an everyday rubber inner tube. EPDM comes in large rolls and is well-suited to application over any large, flat roofs surface, providing the substrate is clean and uniform. The flexible rubber membrane roof material is glued to the flat roof substrate and to adjacent EPDM sections (Installation with mechanical fasteners is also possible). EPDM roofs can easily last 20 years with minimal maintenance, but their dark tone absorbs a tremendous amount of heat. To prolong the life of this single ply roofing and reduce cooling costs, reflective top roof coatings are essential. Alternatively, you can pay extra for EPDM rubber and flat roof membrane with a white top layer.
- PVC roofing offers top performance for a premium price. This single-ply material is made from polyvinyl chloride, the same high-end performance plastic used in plumbing pipes. Like EPDM roofs, PVC is most frequently used on larger commercial roofing jobs. Seams between PVC roof sheets are welded together with a specially designed heat gun. The resulting flat roofing membrane is impermeable to moisture, with excellent durability. Because a PVC roof is naturally white, it has excellent heat-reflective qualities without any coating or extra treatment.
- TPO roofing is a light, affordable single-ply option. TPO is short for thermo-plastic olefin, the chemical composition of this fabric-like material. TPO represents a newer flat roofing technology that’s still being refined by different manufacturers. The material comes in rolls of different sizes, making it suitable for a variety of flat roof projects. It can be installed with adhesives, mechanical fasteners or heat welding. Like EPDM and PVC roofs, TPO requires a clean, uniform substrate; it can’t be installed directly over existing roofing. Although the TPO material costs less than PVC or EPDM roofs, it doesn’t yet have the same track record of proven performance.
- Spray polyurethane foam (SPF) combines roofing, flashing & insulation. Instead of tearing off old flat roofs, SPF technology enables roofing contractors to spray on a continuous layer of high-density foam that can seal and prevent leaks, bridges gaps and forms a waterproof barrier – even around roof penetrations like vent stacks. As a bonus, the cured foam layer has good roof insulation value, helping to reduce heating and cooling costs, maximizing your home’s energy efficiency. Building owners who want to avoid the mess, disruption and expense of tearing off old flats roof often find SPF flat roofing their best option. Once cured, the foam is coated with a sealant that protects against ultraviolet degradation.
Get a free inspection for any of our quality flat roof services
Allstate Construction Roofing is experienced in a wide range of flat roof services for commercial, residential home improvement projects and industrial buildings in Bonita Springs, Fort Myers, Naples, Miami, Cape Coral, Orlando, Estero, Lehigh Acres, North Fort Myers, Lynn Haven, and nearby towns and cities. It doesn’t matter if you are installing a new roof or looking for repair for flat roof leaks, our professionals will inspect your building, go over all of the flat roofing needs, and answer any questions you may have. We take the time to make sure that you are able to make an informed decision when it comes to protecting your home or business.
To schedule an appointment for a free inspection for flat roof replacement, installation, or repair, give us a call at 1-866 ROOF-NOW or send us an email to get started.