Homeowners often neglect the importance of properly installed gutters and downspouts systems. Without them, water can’t drain properly from your home’s foundation and will instead leak into it. The right gutter and downspout system provides protection against roof damage, soil erosion, and basement flooding.
Well-maintained gutters help protect your home from water damage
Gutters and downspouts are an essential part of your home’s weather protection. By directing water off your roof and away from your foundation, gutters and downspouts help prevent problems such as roof damage, flooding, and water damage.
Gutters that frequently clog or are damaged can lead to serious problems, including roof and foundation leaks. At Allstate Construction Roofing, we provide expert gutter installation and repair services, including gutter guards. We can help you get the right solutions to keep your home fully protected from water damage!
If you’re interested in new seamless gutters for your home, give us a call today at 1-866-ROOF-NOW or click below to get started! We offer free inspections on all our gutter services in Bonita Springs, Fort Myers, Naples, Miami, Cape Coral and the surrounding areas.
Key factors to consider when choosing gutters & downspouts
Older gutters can often be difficult and costly to repair, which is why many homeowners elect to replace and install gutters instead. Modern gutters offer a wide variety of options to be considered, which are outlined below:
- Gutter material: Modern gutters are typically made from aluminum, as aluminum gutters offer a great combination of affordability, durability, and design choice.
- Color: Aluminum gutters offer the best options for color, as they are factory designed in a wide variety of colors and can be painted any color you want.
- Style: There are several different types of gutter profiles. Aluminum gutters are often formed in a “K” profile that includes a flat back section and a curved front. Half-round gutters are curved the whole way through and are sometimes be found on older houses.
- Size: K-style gutters typically come in 5-inch and 6-inch sizes. The larger size is usually specified when the roof area being drained is especially large and/or steep. Our gutter experts will help you determine which size is best for your house.
- Gutter guards: Gutter guards are an increasingly popular addition that provides excellent protection for your home. Also known as gutter screens, these covers prevent anything other than water from entering your gutters, eliminating clogs and cleaning.
- Additional drainage options: Depending on the layout of your home and yard, you may need a downspout extension to carry roof runoff away from the house. Many of these simply extend out over the yard or garden, while others consist of buried pipe that drains to a dry well or daylight outlet.
We’ll help you get custom-designed rain gutters that perfectly fit your home’s needs and style.
Gutters and Downspouts Installation Costs
Depending on the type of gutters and downspouts you install, you’ll pay between $8 and $10 per linear foot for the material alone. For example, installing a basic aluminum gutter system made from C-channel aluminum will cost you between $1 and $8 per linear foot. While installing copper or zinc rain gutters can cost between $9 to $18 per linear foot. Installing seamless copper gutters cost closer to $40 to $50 per foot if the home is new construction because the installer would have to cut and join sections of copper.
You’ll spend an additional $1 to $2 per linear foot for labor, although it can be as much as $5 if you need an installer who works with copper gutters. Installing seamless copper gutters adds up to about 10% to your total cost, so a 600-foot system would cost about $500.
Another material option for gutters are polymer or plastic gutters that require little or no maintenance and resist fire, rot and insect damage. They also don’t sag over time like aluminum gutters do. Polymer can be made in colors that match roofing materials and can even be painted to match later if needed.
Gutter Maintainance and Care
Available in various materials, each type has its own set of maintenance requirements. Aluminum gutters are a good value for those who want an affordable system that also is easy to install. However, aluminum gutters won’t last as long as vinyl or copper gutters.
Gutters made from vinyl are easier to install when compared to steel or aluminum. They can be painted to match any home’s exterior and don’t require painting as often as other gutter materials either.
Polymer gutters don’t get rusted out, but if they do chip or crack, you’ll need a replacement section entirely, which could also mean painting them.
Maintenance requirements and costs for gutters can vary widely depending on the type of material you choose to use and your region. That’s why it is important to understand the local climate, which will affect how often you need to paint or repair a gutter system.
Installing leaf guards can help keep your gutters clean, longer. In addition, they can extend the lifespan of your gutters as well.
Our gutter services in Florida
- Aluminum & galvanized steel gutters
- Copper gutters and downspouts installation
- Vinyl gutters and downspouts installation
- Gutter guards
- Gutter repair
- Gutter installation
- Gutter replacement
Get the complete gutter services you need for your home
If you’re interested in gutter replacement or our professionally installed gutters for your home, the experts at Allstate Construction Roofing are here to help. Our experienced professionals will help you determine the right gutter services and materials for your needs and provide you with a quality repair or installation.
Call us today at 1-866-ROOF-NOW or contact us online to get started on your gutter project. We offer free inspections in Bonita Springs, Fort Myers, Naples, Miami, Cape Coral, and throughout the surrounding areas.